DRIVE-IN SUMMER WORSHIP
Now through Labor Day weekend
PLEASE NOTE time change this year!
SUNDAY – 9 A.M.
Outdoor Worship at Drive-In in Houlton, Wi
Pile the kids and the family dog into the car and join us for our fun worship service at the Hilltop Drive-In Theater in Houlton, WI! The Drive-In is just east across the Stillwater bridge, about five minutes from downtown Stillwater. Please see the safe worship restrictions below that will be part of our outdoor worship experience this year.
Drive-In Houlton, WI
SAFE WORSHIP RESTRICTIONS
For Drive-In Worship to be safe and comfortable for everyone (including the leaders) we ask that you read this information carefully and adhere to all guidelines.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A mask. If you plan to roll down your window, please wear a mask.
- Bread/crackers and juice. You will remain in your car the entire time so please bring your own bread/crackers and juice for communion. Do not bring wine. The open container laws are in place and you will not be able to get out of your car to retrieve it from or return it to your trunk. You will also want cups and napkins for everyone in your car.
- Your offering! We have a receptacle to safely receive a physical offering if you wish.
- Make sure your car radio is working. You will need an FM radio to tune into 91.9. We will not be using the external speaker system. (See #4 below.)
RULES FOR SAFE DRIVE-IN WORSHIP:
We are aware that life feels restricted right now. And we are used to the unique freedoms our drive-in offers. However, as the body of Christ we are also free to put the needs of the most vulnerable first and we will do exactly that because the drive-in offers a safe outing for our beloved community. Let’s do all we can to keep it possible. The following are necessary if we are going to be able to worship at the drive in and welcome all comers.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- You must come in a car or other enclosed vehicle. For this summer: no pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles, horses, or open convertibles.
- Park carefully according to the usher’s instructions.
- Worshippers must stay in their cars at all times. This is extremely important. You are protecting the pastor, musician, ushers, and each other by staying in! If we find we can’t handle staying in our cars, we won’t be able to worship at our drive in. Thank you for your full cooperation!
- If you need to roll down a car window, only roll down on the driver’s side of the car. This is to maintain a safe distance between each household. If we find that our attendance allows us to safely distance cars, we may modify this on future Sundays. If your window is down, please wear a mask.
- We will not be serving coffee and treats, but feel free to bring your own! Do not share food or drink between cars.
- The service will be under 45 minutes. Please safely make your way out of the parking lot when the service is finished and avoid the temptation to get out of your car and visit with others.
CONNECT ON INSTAGRAM:
Find us on Instagram at trinity_stillwater. For help getting started on Instagram, please visit: https://help.instagram.com/. If you already have a Facebook account, you can use it to create an Instagram account. During worship please share photos and greetings with each other using #TrinityDrivein. (Please note that during drive-in worship, our Facebook page will continue to livestream worship from our sanctuary in Stillwater.) Thank you in advance for your patience and feedback as we fine-tune our safe summer worship experience.
We are fortunate to have the great blessing of our drive in. And while it’s hard not to enjoy it in our normal fashion, it will be a joy to offer one another a safe way to gather and see familiar faces. Make sure your car horns are working!
Christ is risen! Alleluia.
Pastor Chris, Worship Staff and Council
You might be interested to download and read the document below from the ELCA titled “Considerations for Returning to In-person Worship.”