Click the button below to register online.
9th GRADE FAITH FORMATION
Welcome to 9th grade, as we get closer to your Affirmation of Baptism (Confirmation) Day Milestone! You’ve learned much and enjoyed your time in 6/7/8 Confirmation (hopefully!) and all of this leads up to Confirmation Day on Oct. 29, 2023 and High School ministry after. Here is a quick peek at how your Confirmation Milestone and High School ministry is going to look this fall:
Dates to know:
- Now: We will ask all new 9th graders to register. Click the register button above.
- Sept. 13 – 9th Grade Dinner Church/Parent-Confirmand Overview: Dinner Church begins with food at 5:30 PM, Worship at 6 PM, and an overview of Confirmation Day from 6:30 – 7:30 PM. This gathering is for parents and Confirmands to get up-to-speed on the whole Confirmation process.
- Sept. 20 – Help Out on Wednesday nights: Volunteer to be of service in the gym with the little kids, helping set up Dinner Church, or even sit in as a High School helper in a Confirmation Small group.
- Sept. 20 – High School Group Begins: You are invited each Wednesday night from 7:45 – 8:30 PM for a drop-in gathering in the Youth Center. Sometimes Bible Study, sometimes other discussions, sometimes games, who knows! Additional HS Ministry events are also in the works.
- Oct. 1 Meeting (required): We plan to have an important gathering to have some offsite fun together, as well as talk about Confirmation Day. Dinner included. A 6 PM start and 9 PM finish.
- Oct. 15 Small Groups Meeting (required): We will also gather as small groups (parents need not attend) on Sunday evening, October 23 from 7 – 8:15 PM to go over projects and last-minute Confirmation Day details.
- Oct. 29 – Confirmation Sunday: Confirmation Day is in the Trinity Worship Center on Sunday, October 29. Families can choose to attend either the 9 AM or 11 AM service this day. Details on this service will be coming.
- Create a stole worn on Confirmation Day
- Complete the Faith Project in Google Forms or download the PDF
- Your faith project consists of these parts:
- Choosing a Confirmation Bible verse
- My Faith Adventure Reflection questions
- Creative project (art, essay, poem, video, song, etc.)
- Share your creative project with your small group in person
- Hold a brief interview with Monty, Pastor Peter or Pastor Chris
- Your chosen verse needs to be given to your group leader or to Monty Lysne by the end of the small group gathering on Oct. 15.
- Your stole, faith project, creative project, the sharing of this project with your small group, and your interview are all to be completed by Oct. 29.
Contact Monty with questions.