Geared toward families with children ages pre-K to grade 5, we will be meeting once a month on Wednesday evenings to make new friends and get to know other families at Trinity! We will meet most nights in the Gym. Fun events and service projects are planned for each month. Come at 5:30 p.m. for family pizza night and after we gather, head upstairs for The Current Worship at 7:07 p.m.
Please download the flyer below for specifics for each month and some additional events.
- Lutheran tradition and research continue to show that parents/caregivers are the pastors of their families and we want to empower them to be primary influencers of their family’s faith.
- Research continues to show that families form faith by learning and practicing faith together. “Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationships – often in our own homes.” (David Anderson, Shepherd of Souls, copyright 2018)
- Research supports the statement “faith is caught more than taught” and cross-generational faith formation has the most lasting impact on lifelong faith engagement.
- Worshipping together as a family (those in your house and with the whole church) is the most essential part of being the Body of Christ.
- We love and value all of Trinity’s families and understand that balancing church, sports, school, parenting, and community commitments is difficult and often sends families in separate directions. Trinity will strive to make it easier for families to come together and leave together, grow and serve together. “The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and the ministry of the home.” (David Anderson, Shepherd of Souls, copyright 2018)
- We believe that more shared leadership, ownership and customization will create deeper engagement. As a church, we don’t want to do more programs – we want to cultivate deeper faith experiences (milestones) that impact and sustain for a lifetime.
Milestone Faith Formation
Milestones remind us that faith formation is a lifelong journey – a journey that continually and gradually draws us deeper into relationship with God. To tend the journey of faith formation from pre-birth to the grave and to pass on the faith from generation to generation, families need tools that help them look for God in all of life’s milestones. We are excited to offer the following eleven Milestone Retreats – one for every age of life through 5th grade. (FYI, Trinity’s 12th Milestone in this scope and sequence plan is Confirmation.)
- We request that parents attend milestone retreats with their children.
- Registration for Trinity Milestones is incorporated into Children’s Ministry Registration.
- Exception: Pre-Baptism Milestone Orientation. Read more>
- If you have questions about milestones, please contact Sarah Olson.